Wildlife holidays on the Ardnamurchan peninsula
Wildlife trips can be booked individually. Our normal summer weekly schedule is;
Tuesday - Laga to Tobermory, full day £38pp child £30
Wednesday - 2 hour wildlife, £33pp child £25
Thursday - Full day whale and wildlife £80pp child £60
The above trips are subject to change due to weather and sea conditions, passenger numbers or private charters.
Every year we take guests from Naturetrek and seeing eagles, otters, Basking sharks, whales and dolphins with Andy has become the highlight of their wilderness Ardnamurchan holidays. Click here to see some fantastic underwater footage of basking sharks taken from Laurenca whilst out for the day wildlife watching. Ardnamurchan is one of the last wilderness areas in the UK. We are proud to be part of the Carna Conservation Initiative and look forward to welcoming everyone with an interest in wildlife to this beautiful wild area of the Scottish Highlands on the West Coast of Scotland. From the accommodation in Laga Lodge it is possible to see otters and porpoises and if you are very lucky dolphins when they pay us an occasional visit, Golden and White tailed eagles, Red deer, Pine Martin and much, much more.
Even better having the use of a boat throughout your holiday enables you to quietly watch and photograph many species of wildlife in it's natural environment without disturbance in remote and otherwise inaccessible places around the shores of Loch Sunart, Loch Teacuis and Loch Drumbuie. There are many resident and migratory birds around coastline making this an ideal location for bird watching.
Stay in our loch side accommodation, step out onto the balcony and enjoy the wildlife right on your doorstep.
"Starting at Laga Bay we went out to Cairns of Coll to see harbour porpoises, many seals,followed by 8 basking sharks, 2 Minke Whales and various birds, on the way to Muck." Tony
Even better wildlife watching without the midges! If you chose to include a boat in your package then you are one immediately one of the lucky people as once out on the loch your wildlife holiday becomes midge free, a wonderful way to appreciate fully all this beautiful area has to offer. For more information about our comfortable, fully equipped accommodation just click onto the Laga Lodge page with secure online booking.
Explore in a totally stress free, quiet and peaceful environment, there is no need to drive again once you are here.
- GoPro camera
- Stealth or Trail camera
- Moth Trap
- Photographic Stalking
- Personal, guided Otter and Wildlife watching
- Abundant wildlife on the doorstep
- Marine wildlife & expertise
- Self drive boat, seals, porpoises, otters, eagles, divers and falcons.
- Boat trips in our own Charter Boat, with either Andy or Tom as your Skipper, to see cetaceans including Whales, Dolphins, Porpoises, Common and Grey Seals, Basking Sharks
Bespoke Wildlife Holidays, Laga Lodge, Loch SunartSuitable for 2 to 7 people.
An example of a bespoke holiday during the summer months would be something like the following, the holiday would be built by you to suit your individual needs subject to availability of the Charter Boat.
Book your purpose built accommodation and boat and have the freedom to come and go exploring the whole area on land and sea for exceptional wildlife sightings and photographic opportunities.
- Arrive Friday 4pm, settle in and relax for the evening.
- Saturday 09.30 -15.30, set off for the Island of Carna and see the Conservation Initiative and habitat enhancement programme in action. Explore the island and climb Cruachan Charna with magnificent views to Mull and Coll to the west and Resipole and Morven to the east.
- Sunday 09.30 - 18.30 Full day out on Charter Boat Laurenca visiting the remote and beautiful Inner Isles of Coll and Muck with the possibility of sightings of Minke Whales, Common or Bottle nose Dolphins, Basking Sharks, Grey and Common Seals, a multitude of Sea Birds and stunning scenery to enjoy.
- Monday has the opportunity for another full day out on Charter Boat Laurenca possibly heading south round the island of Mull to visit the Sea Bird nesting colonies on the Treshnish Island of Lunga. See the cute Puffins close up as you explore this beautiful island set in turquoise seas.
- Tuesday, join our wildlife trip exploring Loch Teacuis, crossing the Sound of Mull and visiting the quaint town of Tobermory on Mull with time for lunch and a look around the harbour and shops.
- Wednesday provides the perfect chance to set out early in the morning on a 2 -3 hour guided Otter and Wildlife watching trip. Again visiting the island of Carna, this time visiting secluded coves to watch these elusive animals in their natural habitat. A perfect opportunity to get some wonderful photographs.
- Thursday, already the last day of your holiday and still lots of choices. Perhaps you would like to take this day to go out on Loch Sunart in one of our self drive Pioneer Multi boats or again taking a guided trip, with photographic stalking Red Deer in the Ardnamurchan Hills.
- Friday depart 10.00, having enjoyed a wonderful, informative and relaxing week in one of the most beautiful settings and ready to book your next holiday (most of our visitors come again and again, there is so much to see and do)
"Fabulous again. Not at all looking forward to the return to the world of iphones and emails. Will be sure to visit again"
Martin, Jo Ollie and Betty
Independent Wildlife Holidays
Join our island hopping trips